Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16, 2014

May 16, 2014




We left from SFO at 9:30pm and flew overnight to Auckland, New Zealand. We were all pretty excited for the flight. Connor and Carolina went wild went they caught a glimpse of the jumbo 747 we were going to board. I must say, it was a pretty impressive sight! The flight was actually great. We had enough leg room to all be sitting comfortable, although Matt said he could use a few more inches. I set my expectations very low for how much sleep we would get on the plane. I had hoped for about five hours and the kids came very close to the five hour mark. We made a little bed on the floor by our feet for Carolina and she was quite comfortable there. Connor slept on Matt with his legs stretched out on the other two chairs. About 3 hours into their sleep session, the flight attendant woke me up and asked me to move Carolina back into her seat because we were going to experience some turbulence. So then the kids had to try to sleep sitting up for the next couple of hours. Matt got the most sleep with his incredible ability to sleep anywhere at any time. Connor loved being able to watch lots of movies on the plane. I think he watched the Lego movie twice as well as Planes. Carolina was a little less easily pleased as I think she was so exhausted. She had a hard time settling on something that would keep her interest. Even Frozen wasn’t enough to captivate her more then 15 minutes! All in all, it was a great flight and it seemed to pass fairly quickly. We were all pretty pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment